Summer is upon us, y’all! While I know some of you are still up north in the snow, us down here in the south are already experiencing those 90 degree days. Regardless of where you live, you’re probably just as excited for summer as I am. Today I am going to share with you 5 of my personal favorite Summer essentials that are UNDER $35! I am college student and I’m on a budget, so I am always looking for affordable ways to stay on trend.
1. These UNBELIEVABLY COMFORTABLE slides from American Eagle are my new favorite throw on shoe. American Eagle really isn’t my style, but when I saw these I had to have them! The only thing I don’t like about them is that the bottoms are black, however this does create the illusion that they aren’t as dirty as they are lol. The best part? These are only $19.95! When I purchased mine they were 25% off so I only paid $15 so definitely look out for sales. I also found these pom pom sandals on Amazon. I haven’t tried them but they are under $10 and come in a variety of colors so I think they would be worth a shot!
2. Tassel statement earrings are totally in! These ones from Vineyard Vines are a little bit pricey at $32 in my opinion, but totally worth it! The colors are perfect for my wardrobe. Vineyard Vines also has a ton of other statement earrings and necklaces. Another great place I’ve discovered that has a ton of statement earrings, most under $20 is the BP Nordstrom brand. I’ve recently purchased two pairs but unfortunately couldn’t find them online, so I’ll link this other pair I like instead. And of course when searching for affordable, trendy jewelry we can’t rule out Amazon. These tassel earrings for less than $10 come in a variety of colors, my personal favorite is the Watermelon Red.
3. If you follow me on Instagram (@thenorthernprepster) you are probably well aware of how obsessed I am with this shell shaped purse from Amazon. When I saw this bag and saw it was only $24.99 I knew I had to get it! This particular bag has pearl details, a removable strap, and there are feet on the bottom to keep it from being damaged. Did I mention the interior is blue and white stripes? Adorable! The wicker basket style bag is so in right now, and I love it! It’s such a classic look and really pulls an outfit together. It keeps the outfit looking clean and fresh which is great for summer! Here’s another straw purse that’s a little more classic looking, and it comes in pink!
4. Everyone needs a new swimsuit for the summer! Has anyone else noticed how incredibly expensive swimsuits are?? This adorable banana leaf one piece is on sale for only $17.99. I can’t fathom paying $100+ for a swimsuit (though I do REALLY want one of the new Lilly Pulitzer swimsuits). Last summer I came across the site Cupshe.com and purchased a few swimsuits, including this one, since they were all under $30 each. Yes, this is one of those sites where everything comes from China… But I was pleasantly surprised with the quality! I was also surprised that a one piece even fit me, they typically don’t since I am on the taller side. I will warn you that sizing is difficult (I am a size 4/6 and got a size L), shipping takes a while, and you can’t really return items, they’ll just give you store credit for stuff that doesn’t ship. But for someone like me who struggles every year to find swimsuits that fit, it was worth it! If you’re hesitant ordering from that site I found the SAME EXACT SUIT on Amazon for $19.99. The stock pictures and everything are the same so I’m assuming this company selling this on Amazon uses the same manufacturer as CupShe. Plus if you purchase from Amazon shipping may be faster and cheaper and returns may be easier.
5. Anyone else have a weakness to cute beach towels? Everyone lost their minds over the Lilly Pulitzer x Pottery Barn collab. I didn’t plan on getting anything, none of it really spoke to me. But after seeing the beach towels in store a few days after it was released, I decided to pick up a few. I got one in the pattern shown in the picture above, Fan Sea Pants, and I grabbed another one in Hold Your Horses. These are $29.90 each which some people may consider pricey. We typically buy our beach towels from Disney for $25 so it wasn’t too much of a mark up for us. What really sold me on these are the tassel details. So cute! I checked out Amazon and found this darling flamingo beach towel for only $13.99! I may have to add this one to my collection.
I hope y’all enjoyed seeing what I have been picking up to prepare for summer! I was so happy to get such great deals on all of these while still sticking with my personal style and being on trend. If you happen to purchase any of the items I recommended, let me know! I would love for you to comment and tell me what your affordable summer essentials are. Don’t forget to follow me on social media @thenorthernprepster and @flyingelephantapparel. We also have a YouTube channel that I’ll link here, please go subscribe to it! It would mean the world to us. Also if you would like to support our small business head to flyingelephantapparel.com we sell Disney inspired apparel and even have some preppy inspired Disney looks! Feel free to use code MINNIE for 15% off your purchase over there!
Thanks for reading!
DISCLAIMER: I do not own or take credit for any of the photos used. This post is not sponsored however there are affiliate links included.