Well, it has definitely been a hot minute – aka 2 months… I took an unexpected break because, well, life was crazy! The past few months I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Between four summer classes, visitors, moving, and more, I honestly haven’t had 2 seconds to myself in a long time. Needless to say between personal life and the world in general at the moment, I was/am incredibly stressed out and was not in the right headspace to post a lot.
In August I want to try to get back into the swing of things, now that life is getting to a new normal. So today I figured I would give you a bit of a life update so you can see what I have been up to.
- My best friend came to visit us in Florida – and we had a blast together!
- I was (and am still) completing work weekly for four online summer classes – this semester has been a literal nightmare and I can’t wait to graduate in December.
- My family came came to visit and we went on a mini vacation which consisted of a Disney resort, SeaWorld, Palm Beach, and Discovery Cove.
- We packed countless boxes to move.
- Grant and I decided to go to Universal Orlando – his first time ever! We had such a good time and I am so glad we got to go before we moved.
- My parents came back to Florida one week after they left to help us move.
- We went to Magic Kingdom one last time for the Passholder Preview – and it was amazing.
- We moved!
Oh, I also haven’t mentioned on the blog that on July 1st I OPENED AN ONLINE BOUTIQUE!
Starting a boutique is something I have wanted to do for a long time, I just never knew if it was going to happen and when. I am not gonna lie, we probably look crazy for starting this during a pandemic. But months of research was happening way before the pandemic, and if you wait for the “right time” to follow your dreams, it will probably never happen.
I am so proud of Modern Prep and I can’t wait to see how it grows and where it takes us. We will be launching a new collection of jewelry and accessories tomorrow (August 1st) and I can’t wait for y’all to see it. Make sure you follow the boutique on Instagram @ShopModernPrep, and check out the website ShopModernPrep.com and sign up for our email list to get exclusive offers and updates!
I know this is definitely a crazy time and everything, including me, has been anything but consistent. But I can’t express enough how much you all mean to me and how thankful I am for you all. I hope you are all doing well, and I can’t wait to create more for y’all.
P.S. If you made it to the end – use code READER10 to get 10% off your purchase at ShopModernPrep.com from now until August 15th!
Leave a Reply