Yesterday I turned 22 – say what?! Yeah, I officially feel old haha. But in all seriousness, I had such a great 21st year and I am so excited to see what is in store for 22. I already have so much to look forward to including wedding planning, completing my 5th half marathon, my bestie having a baby, and so much more!
Last year I shared 21 things I learned before turning 21. Today I’m going to be sharing 22 things I learned before turning 22! Fingers crossed there aren’t too many repeats.
1. Everyone hits different milestones on their own timeline – and some people miss certain milestones entirely, and that’s okay.
2. No matter how hard you try, you cannot help people who do not want to be helped.
3. So many people are not worth fighting with.
4. Monistat does indeed help stimulate hair growth.
5. Don’t just buy items for your wardrobe. Invest in your wardrobe!
6. You do not like tequila… Or beer… Or most wines… Or anything that actually tastes like alcohol.
7. It’s okay to not enjoy most alcoholic beverages.
8. No, you don’t need to “acquire the taste” if you don’t want to.
9. There may always be someone “doing better” than you, but there’s always someone doing worse.
10. Getting your nails done isn’t a waste of money if it makes you feel more confident.
11. All good things take time.
12. The only way to achieve lasting success is hard work and determination.
13. Just eat at home. You’ll save money and feel better.
14. Be honest with your significant other, especially when it comes to finances.
15. Some people will never understand or see their personality flaws.
16. Always have a rainy day fund, even if it’s only a few hundred dollars.
17. Never miss a card payment. (Glad to say I never have!)
18. If you’re working hard and it shows in your bank account, treat yourself!
19. Your family and close friends may never understand/support some decisions you make.
20. Ghirardelli Brownie Mix is the best brownie mix in the world.
21. Read your Bible daily, even if it’s only for a few minutes.
22. Take care of your body.
Cheers to 22!